Stan is the Man

Back to Article
Back to Article

Stan is the Man

Here is a yearbook picture of River City's principal, Stan Mojsich for the 2015-2016 year.

Xavionna Bryant-Davis, Writer

Second year principal at River City High School, Stan Mojsich is enthusiastic about this school year and the direction its heading.
Mojsich has a lot of experience in the Washington Unified School District starting at Golden State Middle School for two years, then moving to Southport Elementary for 5 years as a teacher.
He then took a job at the WUSD district office for 5 years on a special assignment, however he missed being around students so he went to Stonegate Elementary for a year as assistant principal, then River City High School as a vice principal for 3 years.
Wanting to take on more responsibility he became the principal at Yolo Continuation High School for 2 years before making his way back to River City as principal. He hopes to be here for many more.
One of his goals as principal is to improve the school climate. “If kids are engaged and like coming to school I think that makes a big difference and that goes for staff too,” said Mojsich.
Another goal of his is to maintain a safe environment for the students. “We want people to come to a place where they feel safe, when people feel safe they can do a lot.”
Besides his professional life, he is also a family man and receives a lot of support from his wife and two daughters. They enjoy each other’s company and like to spend time together when they can.
He also spends his free time watching sports even though he doesn’t have a favorite he likes golf and football and supports the Oakland Raiders.
“Every day I come to work I get the opportunity to help somebody and that makes me feel great,” said Mojsich.

About the Writer
Xavionna Bryant-Davis, Writer

Sup, my name is Xavionna Bryant-Davis. Most people call me X others call me Xavie. I am a transferring Junior from Sacramento High. I started writing to...