OuRCity News

Religion Laws

The+holy+bible.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Religion Laws

The holy bible.

The holy bible.

The holy bible.

The holy bible.

Anand Sharma, Writer

Congress made same sex marriage legal on June 26th, 2015, nationwide in the USA. It was illegal because of people’s faith in God and their religion. People are trying to make abortion illegal as well. There are many other rules and morals in the Bible, which I’m totally against. I personally think that laws should not be based on religion.
RCHS junior, David Avramenko states, “Gay marriage and abortion should definitely be illegal, whatever god chose for us is good and this is all coming from my love towards Christ. There are many other people that believe laws should be based on religion, that’s why abortion is a target of being illegalized.”
U.S History teacher Restivo thinks that if laws were based on religion, it wouldn’t work out for our country. “Religion is a private thing and congress should deal with what’s going on in the country not on people’s faith and religion,” said Restivo. Abortion is a personal choice and congress should go along with it.
In Luke chapter one, verses 36 and 41, we are told that Elisabeth conceived a “son” and that the “babe” leaped in her womb. God does not say that a “fetus” leaped in her womb! This is the (Luke 2:12, 16). In God’s eyes, an unborn baby and a newborn baby are the same. They are both living human beings. Humanism.org.uk states, “Over 84% of the world believes in god and the other 16% are not religious.
I respect the Bible, but that doesn’t mean everything that is written in the Bible is true. There are lot of other religions that have different rules and morals such as Islam, Hinduism and many others which have a totally different story from the Bible. Muslims read Quran and Hindus read Geeta which is a holy book in their religion.
Students from the RCHS Bible club support the religion laws and want it to be legalized, which over half of the world is totally against.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
About the Writer
Anand Sharma, Reporter

Anand Sharma is a senior student at River City High School, he was born on April 5th in 2000. Sharma's hobbies are chilling with his friends, dancing ,...

Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




*

Navigate Left
  • Religion Laws

    Opinion

    Staff Appreciation

  • Religion Laws

    Local Scene

    What They had to Say

  • Religion Laws

    Local Scene

    Summer Spots In Sacramento

  • Opinion

    School Lunches: Yuck or Yummy

  • Religion Laws

    BEST OF 2016

    2016 Chips Reviews

  • Religion Laws

    BEST OF 2016

    Best Of West Sac Restaurants in 2016

  • Religion Laws

    BEST OF 2016

    Best Suspense movies of 2016

  • Religion Laws

    BEST OF 2016

    Best of Rap Albums in 2016

  • Religion Laws

    BEST OF 2016

    Starbucks Drink Reviews

  • Religion Laws

    BEST OF 2016

    Top 5 NEW Candy of 2016

Navigate Right