Bullying = Overrated

Back to Article
Back to Article

Bullying = Overrated

Faisal Khan, Writer

Bullying is aggressive behavior towards someone, trying to bring someone down. Bullying is mostly used two ways, physical and emotional. Now that technology has become more advanced, there are a variety of social networks and because of that, more teens bully on Instagram, or Facebook, and Twitter. A few days ago, there was an account that was called River City H*** that exploits girls people don’t like.

Bullying is very bad and in a perfect world it would be gone, but it is overrated. Bullying will never end because one of the first things a teen thinks of someone is negative. There was a survey taken here and 50 students were asked if they think bullying is overrated. About 34 students said it was and the other 16 said no.

Freshmen Kristina Myachina thinks people should relax about bullying. “Bullying is bad but it will never end. There was bullying for thousands of years. It will always happen no matter how much celebrities or commercials say it’s bad.” A lot of historic figures that have impacted world were bullied and they changed the world.

According to a bullying website stopbullying.gov, says the effects of bullying victims is that they get into fights, abuse drugs, etc. What bullying charities should do is help the victims that are and help them. Tell them that someone is there.

An anonymous person thinks a lot of people are sensitive. “I don’t try to bully. But because I’m very blunt and say what’s on my mind, people think I’m a bully. I don’t try to hurt peoples feeling but that’s my opinion and I think I need to work on keeping my mouth shut.”

A parent of a River City student, Pervaiz Khan thinks this generation is harder on teens. “When I was young, there was bullies. I think people need to realize that this will happen. People won’t like you and will always talk bad about you will be bullied but at the end of the day, be yourself. Be proud of who you are if someone doesn’t like that, get them out of your life.”

About the Writer
Faisal Khan, Writer

My name is Faisal Khan and I am an opinionated person and express my feelings more than I should. I’m beautiful, I’m talented, the haters know where...