‘So Help Me God’ by Kanye West

Back to Article
Back to Article

‘So Help Me God’ by Kanye West

“The College Dropout came out of a fight to rap, and this new album is coming out of a fight to design,” says rapper, Kanye West.

11 River City Students out of a class of 31 are aware of Kanye’s new album and listen to his music.

Kanye Omari West is an American rapper, entrepreneur, fashion designer, record producer, and director. He has been working on this album for a really long time now and recently released the title of his upcoming album, “So Help Me God” on twitter along with the album cover, a diamond shape connected at the points by four lower case m’s that Reddit discovered is a 13th century monastic symbol for the Virgin Mary.

“After listening to ‘All Day’, I feel like this album is going to be dope and I’m excited to listen to the rest of his work,” says River City student, Ahsan Khan.

His single for the album, “All Day” was released on Monday, March 2nd, 2015. Originally mentioned in an interview with GQ on June 21st, 2014, “All Day” took all day to release, debuting 8 months later at the 2015 Brit Awards.

West explains that his new album is a different strategy from his previous album “Yeezus”, which had no single or advertisements. West also said the album is 80% done and he’s hoping to finish it as soon as possible. He hinted that he’ll follow Beyoncé’s lead with a surprise release, saying, “Release dates are played out.”

The song, “Wolves” ft. Vic Mensa and Sia is the first album on the album. His wife, Kim Kardashian has been supporting him a lot with his fashion designing and the promotion of his new album.

“I love Kanye and Kanye loves Kanye too,” says Farina Khalil.

About the Writer
Saba Khan, Editor

Hey guys, it’s me again. It’s my third year going into journalism and I feel honored to have the title of an editor. I really enjoy being in this class...