Getting Familiar to the Halls of River City High

Back to Article
Back to Article

Students swarm up in the quad as the bell rings on the first day of school.

Saba Khan

Saba Khan

Saba Khan

Saba Khan and Manreet Virk

River City high school held the freshman orientation on August 11th and 12th from 9am to 2:30 pm. The incoming class of 2019 had to meet up in the gym where Link crew welcomed them to River City high. Later, Each1 Reach1 alliance motivational speaker, Kevin Bracy talked to them about anti-bullying.
“I was a little nervous when I woke up this morning and still kinda am but I am excited to see how high school is like and what it has to offer in sports since I love football,” says freshman Ajay Dhanda.
Link crew members grouped the students and gave them a tour around the campus including getting their ID pictures taken and getting their class schedules. The students were also told to buy their PE clothes, ASB cards, and yearbooks (optional).
Upperclassmen got their ID photos taken and class schedules on August 13th and 14th. On the same day, a mandatory Senior Seminar was held in the cafeteria to inform students about senior contracts, raider cards, and important senior deadlines etc.
Senior Anna DeGuzman says, “I’m graduating early so I can get a head start and I really want to travel. I also have severe senioritis but it motivates me to do better because I know I’m almost done with high school.”
Usually during the first few days of school, teachers introduce themselves and inform students of what they expect from them. Students try to figure out where their classes are and get familiar to the halls of River City High School.
“This time of the year is stressful for me and gives me anxiety. Getting used to the schedule, new faces, and new teachers is pretty difficult for a shy person like me,” says sophomore Sabreet Virk.

About the Contributors
Saba Khan, Editor

Hey guys, it’s me again. It’s my third year going into journalism and I feel honored to have the title of an editor. I really enjoy being in this class...

Manreet Virk, Editor

Hey guys, this is Manreet and this is my 3rd year in Journalism. I believe that life is about doing what you love, along with people you wouldn’t live...