How Fall Music Affects You

Aurora, Alatorre, Reporter

“For a show 150, don’t talk to me, you ain’t never helped you mans dont talk to me” -YG “Big Banks”

The songs you listen to on the daily,  the songs you get ‘turnt’ to, the songs you laugh and cry to are all your jams right? Today’s songs like “Sicko Mode” by Travis Scott ft Drake, “Heaven” by Kane Brown, “Girls Like You” By Maroon 5 ft Cardi B. All of today’s hits, even the artist actions will influence or give you any type of emotion.

There is so many different genres of music,  like country, pop, R &B, classical– Songs like “One Number Away” by Luke Combs,” Tequila” by Dan + Shay, are both song that you could listen to when you your feeling down because of relationships. Although, songs like “I Like It” by Cardi B ft Bad Bunny and J Balvin will get you out of those sad moods and hype you up. Songs can change your entire demeanor.  

Riley Tinsley, is a freshman who plays the drums for the River City marching band and  said “music has always been my influence,–i’m sure it is for other people too so if they see you doing something dumb–they think it’s “tight”

Tinsley said, “I feel like it helped express it more”,  when asked about songs that save people through really tough times. He said that most music played now is “—rap,–like mumble rap, rap that isn’t good”.

Positive and more uplifting music, is of course going to put you in a happier mood. Songs like “1-800-273-8255” by Logic ft Alessia Cara and Khalid, have helped many people.

“There are studies that you are most influenced by the music you hear when you are 14,” Mr. Acke, River City High School’s psychologist said. “Music has physiological effects on the body it decreases cortisol– which is a hormone within the body it actually has a strong tie to emotions a emotional memories are usually the strongest– memories of things that have happened in there life if its associated with music it’s usually the strongest and longest lasting.” 

Music gives you so many different types of feelings, even if you don’t realize it. Depending on the style of music, classical for example, playing it can expand your knowledge.

Modern artists tap into a lot of negative emotions,  but listening to it doesn’t mean your demeanor will change. Music is different for everyone. One could listen to Eminem, who raps about vulgar topics,  but that wouldn’t change the way one may perceive a situation.

“I think it would really depend of where the person is psychologically, meaning if they are easily influenced or have the type of personality that can listen to something and believe that its reality. But it all really depends on the situation–just because you’ve listened to music, I’ve listen to NWA, Eminem– music that people say is homophobic, has racial slurs is slighted towards woman, but in no way does that shape my opinion.. I’m more into the beat than the social message, but every single person is different.” Mr. Acke said.

But music can actually help you deal with challenges in your life in a positive way.

“I be depressed as hell sometime, and then I listen to like–Mac Miller– music that gets me going and carries on. Slaps you know?” Tinsley said.